Pathology Informatics Summit 2017
May 22 - 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Pathology Informatics Summit 2017 is an annual educational conference designed for world-wide collaboration, technology and learning to come together in one meeting place.
PI Summit 2017 offers direct interaction with physicians, researchers, residents and graduate students, Industry-related developers, engineers, imaging informatics professionals, vendor representatives and many others interested in how informatics and imaging are transforming pathology, oncology and radiology. Prior knowledge of informatics is not required and courses are offered for individuals new to this field.
- Comprehensive and focused view of pathology informatics: no comparable meetings in the country.
- Two parallel tracks: Research Informatics and Applied Pathology Informatics including Digital Pathology.
- Three workshops: Comprehensive Informatics Review, HIMA Imaging Science, and Digital Imaging workshop sponsored by the DPA
- Wide variety of IT exhibitors: all tables and booths in a single large ballroom.
- Short abstracts with podium presentations selected from competing abstracts.
- Mixture of learning formats: lectures, panel discussions, "town hall" sessions.
- Travel fellowships: available to pathology residents and fellows.
- Elegant conference space and room accommodations at the Wyndham Grand Downtown Pittsburgh, one of the finest hotels in the center of downtown Pittsburgh.
Overall Conference Objectives
- Present practical and emerging solutions for automated information and image management in pathology and the clinical laboratories.
- Describe how workflow in the clinical laboratories and pathology can be supported and enhanced by new software and hardware solutions.
- Understand the various software and hardware products available in the clinical laboratory and pathology market by interacting with a large number of exhibitors.
- Present new research in pathology informatics on the basis of submitted competitive scientific abstracts.
- Provide a forum for basic pathology informatics instruction for house officers and fellows in pathology training programs.